26/10/2013

Reason no.19...

'God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.'
John piper
 
 
I love this! This is one of the key things I'll take away from my Impact year. The way God is most glorified, or most worshiped in my life, is ultimately by me enjoying and being happy in God. It is not through me seeing worship to God as a duty or something I strive to do...no, no, no!!! The example Andrew Wilson gave in a talk was about going on a date with his wife. Does he glorify her  more by saying: 'I want to, there's nothing I'd rather do' or 'it's my duty, so don't mention it!'? It can be so easy to allow worship to become part of a routine or part of another meeting. But, that's not what God wants from us. God would much rather we truly know what it means to find our joy and our satisfaction in Him! I love that, that's what God wants from me...Reason no. 19 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment