15/10/2013

Reason no. 6...

There's a line in the song 'Cornerstone' by Hillsong, which I love: 'In every high and stormy gale, my anchor holds within the veil.' My place with God is totally secure - it cannot be shaken. Through Christ's death the veil was torn away. That veil is where only the holy of holies could enter - meaning the likes of you and me could not get anywhere close. Each year only the high priest could enter on one occasion. Even then, he had to bring a sacrifice. What was behind the veil? The presence of God! Through Christ's death we can now come before God and enter into His presence. We don't have to bring a sacrifice. Christ's death is sufficient for all sin - past, present and future. So even today I have total access to God! In fact, Christ's spirit lives in me!
 
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.
Hebrews 6:19-20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTxafiWXZOw

Reason no. 6 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment