11/10/2013

Reason no. 3...

'The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” '
Romans 8:15 
 
What an amazing truth! My status has been upgraded. I now stand as a daughter of the King. The act of adoption is all about choice. My default position was not of this nature, rather something of separation. When you picture the 'ideal' father and child relationship: there is a closeness and openness between the two. The father listens and speaks, the father finds joy, the father guides, the father teaches and the father gives good gifts to the child. When I come before God, this is my status before Him. There is no striving to grab His attention, for His focus is already on me. I no longer live in fear, for the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead lives in me. That Spirit is what marks my adoption. Me: not a slave of the living God, rather His daughter! Reason no. 3 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment