30/10/2013

Reason no. 23...

The bible most certainly has to be a reason! In Hebrews 4:12, it says:

'For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.'

The bible has power! It's the Word of God and that means it's not merely words on a page, but the very words spoken by God that are still relevant today! This past week I've started looking at the book of 1 Samuel again and just reading about the ark of God is fascinating! To think that the presence of God dwelled in there and the incredible power that it contained is mind blowing. When people touched the ark they died. Yet, now, I can now draw near to God and the Spirit of God now lives in me. When Jesus died a shifting took place! My access to God has been totally transformed. I no longer stand as someone condemned and unclean, rather someone 'IN CHRIST' meaning I'm righteous and justified and pure! Reason no. 23 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment