21/11/2013

Reason no. 47...

Recently I found this poem I wrote a few months ago. Being reminded of what God has done in me and what He's doing in me each day is incredible. God's so good! Reason no. 47 :)
 
My story, what's yours?

I'll tell you a story,
just sit back and read.
Where I'm at right now
is by no means a mistake.
My life speaks of adventure,
and I've survived every storm!
If I'd faced them alone -
where would I be?
To help set the context -
let me start at the beginning!
Just take one step at a time
and I'll unveil the story!
If I said the word 'rescue',
what would you say?
Salvation, delivery, disentanglement -
they're all one and the same.
Everyone needs to be saved -
but, saved from what?
Emptiness, meaningless,
lies, ruin, destruction,
loneliness, death and sin -
it's only the beginning,
but the list could go on.
What could be huge for me,
could be less for you,
what could be huge for you,
could be less for me.
To some degree,
every word on that list
is relevant to you and me.
The problem is there,
but how can it be countered?
Money? Friends? Sex?
It may counter for a moment,
but how long will it last?
If I told you there's a solution,
what would you say?
But before I give it away,
let me tell you the outcome!
Love: undeserved but unconditional,
Joy even through the storms,
Peace that transcends understanding,
Friendship when all others fail,
Family: become an adopted child,
Strength when drowning in weakness,
Freedom: unlimited and without end,
Hope: even in hopeless situations,
Grace: no striving required,
Acceptance for just being yourself,
Meaning - your life has purpose!
That's what's on offer -
would you dare turn it down?!
If 'yes' is the answer,
I hope that you're sure!
If your answer is 'no',
then what an adventure awaits!
How do I access the outcome above?
There's only one way
and that I'll now share!
It's all to do with one man: Jesus.
You may have heard of him?
He lived 2000 years ago,
yet has a HUGE impact on you and me.
He's made a way for you to be rescued.
No other could do it - only him,
why? Because of who he is!
He was not just a man,
but fully God too!
He lived a perfect life -
without wrong and blemish.
He was sentenced to death -
death on a cross!
His sentencing was unjust,
he had done no wrong!
When put to death,
he paid a great price!
A price that you and me
ought to have paid,
yet the price is so high -
it is far out of reach,
unless you are Jesus,
the son of the living God.
What debt has to be paid?
Every wrong-doing: sin.
Sin cannot be left unpunished,
the penalty is death.
It leads to separation from God
and all you need rescuing from.
Every person alive today
is guilty and deserves the penalty.
That's a fact: but there is a way out!
Believe in Jesus - the Son of God,
lay down your sin before him
and he'll take your place.
Through Jesus' death -
you can now be free!
The barrier of sin
has now been demolished!
It has no hold,
you are no longer entangled!
What once separated you and God,
has been silenced once and for all!
With the barrier gone,
you can now be with God
and enjoy the life
he has planned for you!
Although Jesus died,
death could not hold him -
he conquered it and is living!
This is a story that's true of me,
but it only speaks of the beginning!
From that day of Jesus paying my price,
I decided to live for him!
What a joy that has been!
I've joined his adventure
and he's given me a unique role.
He's taken me out of my comfort zone,
he's led me to Poland and Berlin,
he's taken hold of my weaknesses
and using them for his glory,
he's opening up doors
which I'm surprised should be open,
he's investing in me,
in ways unimaginable,
seeing as I deserved the penalty of death,
he's given me life -
that's one big adventure!
That's what He's doing in me,
but what could He do in you?
My life may not be perfect,
ups and downs still come my way,
but through it all
I have now got access to Him,
who promises to never leave me,
but help me through it all!
You've heard my story,
but what will God do in you?

No comments:

Post a Comment