17/12/2016

Reason no. 995...

Today David and I have finally removed all the mould on one of the white walls in our flat. It is disgusting and grows so quick. It starts off as something small and quickly multiplies. However with some spray it vanished pretty much instantly with a lot of scrubbing. I was thinking about it a bit later and it reminded me a lot about sin and Jesus. Sin is like the mould. It is dirty, disgusting and it can be consuming. As I was scrubbing away that reminded me of how sometimes sin makes us try so hard to cover it up and to remove it all by ourselves. We may try to do loads of good things to counter the sin in our lives. But as I was scrubbing the mould it may have looked a bit better, but actually it was all still there just spread over the wall a bit more thinly. Me trying to remove it all in my own strength is impossible. But then when Jesus comes the sin is completely removed and what was once stained is now entirely clean and pure. That is what Jesus has done for me, He has done it all! Reason no. 995 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment