17/12/2016

Reason no. 988...

This week I have been thinking about how close I am to reaching 1000 reasons. I worked out that it has taken me about 3.5 years to do 1000 reasons, so then I worked out how long it might take to get to 10000 reasons...I recon 30 ish years! As I was thinking about how old I will be, I realised I would be similar age to my parents and could potentially have a child like me nearly finishing university! It was a scary thought but also pretty exciting!

Alongside this I've been thinking a bit about how older people invest in younger people in the church, workplace and society and parents to kids and just how valuable this is. If it wasn't for my parents, youth leaders/ kids workers at church, teachers etc. I would not be the person I am today. For they have imparted such wisdom and guidance to me. They have been the ones praying for me and my situations and challenging me to shift my perspective. They have modelled what a God-fearing life looks like. They are the ones who have given me time and have opened up the bible with me and shared what God's heart is.

There is something so precious in the young and old partnering together. When the older share their God stories with the younger, the younger get to know what is possible with God and actually dream even bigger and go even further with God at an even younger age.

Reason no. 988 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment