09/01/2017

Reason no. 1014...

Thank you God that you deal with my guilt and my shame far better than I ever will. Last week my granddad was talking about an old piece of pottery he had found and had been cracked but someone decided to paint over all the cracks. He purchased it and cleared up all the paint. In the world of Japanese art there is something beautiful about broken pottery being fixed with gold. Out of the brokenness something beautiful emerges. I can choose to deal with my guilt and shame by myself and end up with something very ugly or I can invite God in and something precious can be released through that brokenness. Although it can seem so much more scary and vulnerable as I do not have control of what happens, by trusting God and putting it in His hands He places His high value and worth over it. Reason no. 1014 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment