22/05/2014

Reason no. 264...

This week, after a couple of talks I listened to, I've been thinking a lot about 'what legacy I want leave behind for the generation after me' and what I want to see my kids doing/believing and what I want to see the society around me to look like. It's really interesting to think about. I started writing a list:
-I want to see my children know their identity inside out - who they are in Christ, how loved they are and their AMAZING inheritance in Him.
-I want them to have the faith to see the impossible to happen, when they lay hands on the sick Jesus is in them and He will make them well.
-I want them to dream dreams in Him and know that nothing is too big for Him.
-I want them to have the boldness to pray big prayers and to know that God is for them.
- I want them to know that they are world changers and community influencers - why? Becuase He is in them and that's what He does!!
-I want them to love radically, but out of place of overflow from knowing just how loved they are.
...and the list goes on!
But, to reach that place it needs people to model it, and that includes me! How are people going to reach that place? Not through striving, just through more time with Him! Looking at my life right now I think I'm in a very good season to start practicing!! Reason no. 264 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment