09/12/2013

Reason no. 77...


I love kids worship songs! They put a massive smile on my face and they put truth really simply. Today as I was walking down the road this song popped into my head: 'Follow You'. I discovered it as part of my Impact year, when I went on a kids weekend away. The lyrics are:


Hello, hello it’s me again
It’s me again
I know, I know when I call
You hear me
You hear me 
I love, I love to pray
‘Cause you hear what I’ve got to say 
But I never want to be someone that just talks and never listens to you
I want be the one that says that I’ll follow
Whoo- hoo- hoo!! I’m gonna follow you!
Every day, God 
Nothing, no nothing will ever separate me 
From your love today, God
Nothing no nothing will ever stop me from living for you.

I think this song is great! It reminds me that I can come before God just as I am. My prayers don't need to be eloquent or anything special, they can just be what's on my heart and what I want to talk to God about. God actually hears my prayers. He hears what I've got to say. The fact that God wants to talk to me is incredible! Plus, absolutely nothing can separate me from God's love. Truth after truth after truth: I love this song!! You definitely should give it a listen....hopefully this is a good version of it (sadly I haven't got any headphones with me and I'm sitting in a computer cluster, so can't actually listen to it!)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKzy7SoXCL0


No comments:

Post a Comment