25/04/2017

Reason no. 1081...

Thank you God that You have made me a child of God and I am not a slave to fear.

This week I have been reading Jeremiah 1:4-10.

Verse 4: God speaks to his children - 'The word of the Lord came to me, saying'. God let me be in a place where I am listening and expecting you to speak.

Verse 5: 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.' - God knows me and he has chosen me. He has plans and a purpose for me. He is the one who stands through time, the eternal King. He is the One who knows all things.

Verse 6: 'Ah, Sovereign Lord', I said, 'I do not know how to speak; I am only a child.' Jeremiah is fearful and sees his weaknesses and limitations through his own eyes.

Verse 7: 'But the Lord said to me, 'Do not say 'I am only a child'. You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you.' - I am a child of the living God, NOT 'only' a child. God is taking Jeremiah and using Jeremiah in what he deems to be his weakness. God will display His glory through Jeremiah. God is shutting down the lie Jeremiah is believing so God's truth can rule in that place.

Verse 8: 'Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you', declares the Lord. - With God fear has no place. Fear is a choice. Do I recognise what it means to have God with me in every situation that I face? He is the conquering King and the one who promises to never leave me or forsake me. Do I truly believe it?

Verse 9: 'Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, 'Now I have put my words in your mouth'.' - God is not distant but comes to us. He is the One who equips for what He has called his people to do.

Verse 10: 'See today I have appointed you over the nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.' God has plans and purposes for His people. He wants nations and kingdoms to turn to Him and represent Him and His kingdom's values. He wants my sphere of influence to see His love, grace, peace and joy to be in it - for these to be grown let strongholds of fear, anxiety etc. be teared down and destroyed.

Reason no. 1081 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment