31/01/2015

Reason no. 499...

Thank You God that I stand forgiven. I'm far from perfect and most certainly do stuff, say stuff and definitely think stuff that I regret on a very regular basis! But Your grace, Your love and Your forgiveness and Jesus's death on the cross means that I don't have to keep away from You, the Holy God.

Forgiven. 

As far as the east is from the west,
from the depths of the oceans
to the heights of the heavens,
one extremity to another -
that's how far my sin has gone.
It's out of reach,
it no longer defines me,
it's no longer apart of me.
The guilt and shame entangled within
has been forever removed.
The condemnation that it brought
has been broken off me.
I am redefined, re-identified!
I once was enslaved and trapped,
but now I'm free!
Peace and joy now reign within,
for I am forgiven -
for all eternity.
The verdict has passed -
I'm innocent - no wrong to be found!
How can it be?
Ask Him. It's nothing to do with me!
When the sentence comes,
I shall not be punished,
rather eternity with the King awaits me!
What excitement!

I am forgiven!

Reason no. 499 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment