16/11/2014

Reason no. 399...

This evening I watched the film: 'Chariots of fire'. It's a film about Eric Liddell who was an athlete back in the 1920's and competed in the 1924 Olympics. Eric loved God and refused to run in the Olympics on the Sabbath day. Instead he entered a different race - one that he had not trained for. One thing that God reminded me whilst watching the film was that:' Those that honor God, He will honor.' Eric put God first, he put him above the thing he loved to do (running), he put Him above his country and the pressure those around him placed on him to compete. Eric honored God and as a result God honored him. In the end Eric won the race he entered. Eric pursued running, the thing God called him to do, which gave Him pleasure. 

I want to be someone who will honor God in everything I do, who will pursue the things God's called me to do. Reason no. 399 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment