06/01/2014

Reason no. 103...

At the start of this year I was reminded about God’s heart for justice and to see those in oppression set free. It’s so easy to be completely indifferent about all the things going on in the world – the wars, natural disasters, starvation, poverty, crime etc. They’re distant and most certainly not affecting me. But, the fact is God doesn’t call us to sit on the sidelines. He’s calling a people who will love radically and extravagantly.

There are so many areas that need God to break in, but where do we begin? I’ve decided that this year that one of my new year’s resolution is going to be to get behind one charity and what they’re involved with. I’ve decided that the A21 campaign is something that God wants me to pray for and support. It’s a charity which is essentially about abolishing slavery and human trafficking in the 21st Century. Reading the statistics is shocking - 27,000,000 slaves today: beaten, deceived, abused, identity stripped away, vulnerable and trapped.


The fact is God loves each one of those 27,000,000 individually. God’s heart is to see their oppression lifted and walk into freedom. Therefore I want to see God break in, I want to see God release the captives, I want to see God bring justice, I want to see God bring hope to the hopeless, I want to see God release light into the darkness, I want to see God raise up people up who are in a position to bring change, I want to see God provide extravagantly so the charity can expand. Nothing is impossible for Him: Reason no. 103 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment