13/06/2016

Reason no. 833...

Reading 'Rooted' by Banning Liebscher has been such an encouragement and God has used it to speak directly into what I'm facing and thinking about! (All taken from this book either quoted or summarized.)

Recently I've been thinking about whether I should be a lot further along in my walk with God than I am. And there was some advice!!! 'Stop being in such a hurry to get to the inner place of anointing and take time to die in the outer court.' 'As New Covenant believers, the outer court symbolizes our call to offer our lives as living sacrifices and renew our minds so we can learn to do the will of God. It represents sanctification and character formation - learning to die in the flesh and walk in the Spirit. The inner court represents our priestly ministry - ministering to God through worship and intercession, and ministering to others through teaching and preaching.' 

It's ok to go slow to thrive in the process and allows the roots to be well developed. To finish the race, the pace needs to be set for the long haul not just the beginning.

If  I'm not there, it's because He doesn't want me there yet!

Reason no. 833 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment