10/04/2014

Reason no. 206...

A little poem I wrote today. It so easy to put Jesus in second place without realizing, but He's so worthy of being number one...and from that thought this poem was written. 

Jesus
You are the centerpiece of history.
It begins and it ends with You.
You are worthy of my time.
You are worthy of my attention.  
It is because of You freedom is here.
Through You I now stand:
redeemed, alive and sanctified.
Let me not forget:
all that You have done for me.
Starting with salvation,
the blessings just keep going.
Your vast love overflows:
through all of my days,
through generation after generation,
to the ends of the earth. 
You died and broke the curse,
death now has no hold on me,
my shame, my guilt, my sin,
all that once weighed me down
has been lifted off.
As far as the east is from the west -
That's how far You removed them.
My transgressions are gone.
They're forgotten.
I'm now clean - marked with purity. 
It's all because of You.
It's nothing to do with me.
You loved me just as I was,
and You love me just the same.
You've called me into Your family.
You've made me Your daughter
and that's only just the start.
Your goodness abounds
again and again and again.
How good it is to be loved by You.

No comments:

Post a Comment