24/03/2014

Reason no. 181...

It's about time I did another post! If I'm honest, this past week I've been feeling rather depressed, disappointed and frustrated. It's so easy to get locked into that mindset. As soon as my attention was off God and focusing on everything that seemed to not be going wrong, I would continue to spiral downwards. But, the amazing thing is God did not let go of me, He continued to pursue me and His amazing love has captured my heart! And, God has put a new song on my heart!

It is such a relief to have David in the bible - a man who was honest before God. He poured out his heart and that included anger, hurt and disappointment. The incredible thing is that as David did that, his hurt turned to praise and he had a realisation of who God is. I love reading the Psalms...poetry, honesty and the truth of who God is - something I can relate to! So here is a little poem:


As I run, You pursue me,
As I fall, You pick me up,
As I hurt, You bring restoration,
As I cry, You keep comforting,
You keep loving me,
day after day,
situation after situation,
Today I will choose again:
to hide myself in You. 

Yesterday, I began to read through some of the entries on this blog and it amazes me just how good God is. It can be so easy to forget and that's what I did, I was consumed by what was going wrong and failed to see God working in it. What a mistake that was! God was still and continues to be SO good!

Reason no. 181 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment