22/02/2014

Reason no. 162...

A poem based on: The Lord's Prayer...
You are my father,
You've made me Your daughter:
Accepted, loved and adopted.
You are the perfect father -
One so generous, kind and compassionate.
Your arms are wide open
and into Your embrace I go.
Always loving and slow to anger.
You're watching over me -
protecting and guiding me.
In You I can find rest.
You are my God -
my Father, King and Savior.
You're so worthy of all my adoration.
So holy, so glorious -
there is no other who can compare.
You are God and Your Word stands true.
Your faithfulness, Your peace, Your grace.
Every promise You've spoken -
not one has ever failed.
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done,
let heaven invade Earth.
Your plans, Your purposes, Your desires.
I want to see breakthrough come:
Salvation, healing, restoration,
love, joy and hope,
over individuals, relationships and cities.
You have so much in store -
more than I'll ever dare dream of.
You are my provider,
one so generous and one who knows no lack,
You meet my needs and always provide in excess,
I will come in confidence -
knowing that You are a good father,
One who loves giving good gifts to His children.
With nothing being impossible for You,
today I will trust and watch You provide.
You forgive - more than I deserve,
You know every mistake I've made - 
my thoughts, words, actions,
my motives and all my insecurities.
Today I say sorry again
and lay them at the foot of the cross.
You are so faithful to forgive
and I thank you that condemnation has no place.
May You help me to forgive,
like You have so beautifully forgiven me.
You are so good.
I thank You that You are a God who helps.
You know what it means to be tempted.
You know all that I struggle with.
I ask for Your strength and Your protection -
in every step that I take today.
You know me and You love me.
Please help me again today.
Let it be all to Your glory.
Amen.

Having not written a poem in so long: reason no. 162 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment